FREE. CONFIDENTIAL. CRISIS COUNSELORS.
Text LIFE to 61222.
A person’s response to emotional and mental health difficulties is as unique as the person him or herself. When a person is moving toward, or has reached the point of crisis, it is time to reach out for help from crisis resource such as TXT4Life.
Sometimes a crisis may involve thoughts of suicide. Learn to recognize these warning signs:
- Withdrawing from family and friends
- Hopelessness, feeling like there’s no way out
- Rage or anger
- Anxiety, agitation, or mood swings
- Feeling like there is no reason to live
- Engaging in risky activities without thinking
- Increasing alcohol or drug abuse
The following signs require immediate attention:
- Thinking about hurting or killing yourself
- Looking for ways to kill yourself
- Talking about death, dying, or suicide
- Self-destructive behavior (drug abuse, weapons)
Ways To Help
Be direct and ask if the person is thinking of suicide.
Be there for them, communicate that you are there for them and will listen.
3. Get help
If the person indicates that they are suicidal, stay with them until you can find help.
KNOW THE SIGNS
If you or someone you care about is experiencing any of these signs, text “Life” to 61222*.
Trained, compassionate counselors are ready to help.
If you believe that the person’s life is in imminent danger, call 911.